Saturday, June 7, 2014

All Time Fave: Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation


We all want to achieve beautiful, flawless, and natural looking skin, but finding the perfect foundation to help create this look can be very difficult. After using many different tinted moisturizers, BB creams, cream foundations, and regular foundations that never gave me the finish I wanted, I finally found the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation in SPF 15. Words can not even describe how happy I am that I stumbled upon my new all time favorite product.

*Just a little idea about my skin; I have combination/ dry skin and redness.*

Pros:
The foundation has a soft mousse-like feel that is light, but gives enough coverage to even the skin tone and hide the occasional blemish. The soft and fluffy texture of the foundation makes it really easy to blend into your skin and creates a very flawless look. The finish is a mix of matte and dewy, making it look very natural and skin-like. This foundation is also one of the best face makeup products I've used to complement my dry skin without making my face look too oily. I also love that it can last a good amount of the day (around 6 hours) before I need to touch up. Did I also mention that this foundation has SPF 15 in it?!


Cons:
Even though this Tarte foundation complements my dry skin, it's not exactly the number one product for dry skin. On days I slack on moisturizing, my skin will get patchy after applying the foundation. But as I mentioned before, out of all the other face products I have used, this Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation worked the best with my dry skin.

How I apply it:
I apply the foundation (almost) every morning, after moisturizing and priming my face. Although I have been using a liquid foundation brush to stipple the foundation onto my face, I recently discovered that using a wet sponge to apply the foundation works very well too. I use about a dime amount of the product to cover my whole face, but you can control how much product you need with the easy to squeeze tube.


I would definitely recommend this Tarte foundation in a heartbeat to anyone who is looking for a light to medium coverage for everyday face makeup. I have been using the foundation practically everyday for over five months, and still have about a half of the 1.7 oz tube left. As for the price, I think that 38$ for this Tarte foundation is completely worth it! The tube you buy will last a long time, the foundation gives such a great coverage, and it is absolutely wonderful for everyday use.

I hope you guys try out the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and love it as much as I do!

P.S. I determined my shade by going into Sephora and asking one of the workers to help me through the Color IQ service. My shade came out to be "Fair Sand", which was a very accurate match. You guys should check out this free service to see what shade will match you the best.

PRODUCT: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation in SPF 15
PRICE: $38.00 for a 1.7oz tube from Sephora.com
RATING: 9/10 
bythreewishes

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10