Sunday, June 15, 2014

CIY: Avocado and Egg Bake


I was digging through my fridge the other morning and discovered a lonely avocado that I completely forgot I purchased a week ago. Since I was super hungry and had some extra time, I decided to make an avocado and egg bake. I've been meaning to make this super easy and healthy breakfast ever since I pinned it on Pinterest, and was very happy with the result.
The ingredients needed for this recipe are easily obtainable and the recipe is very simple. This recipe can be customized to your choice by adding other veggies, meats, and whatever else you want.


Ingredients (Yields enough for 1-2 people):
1 whole avocado cut in half (Wash the pit and keep it on the side to make a DIY face cleanser!)
2 whole eggs
Pepper and Salt
* You can add other ingredients such as bacon bits, cheese, vegetables, etc.

To begin, preheat your oven to 425 degrees. After doing so, cut your avocado down the middle, separate the two halves, and twist the avocado pit out. (Wash the pit in luke-warm water and keep it on the side for a DIY!) Next, take a spoon and scoop out enough avocado meat so that a cracked egg can fit into the hole without overflowing. I outlined the hole with my spoon before scooping it out to make it easier. You can use the extra avocado meat as a topping for a slice of toasted bread.


If you have a custard cup (that is oven friendly), or a self-made aluminum foil bowl, put each half into it's own bowl. This will prevent the avocados from tilting. Unfortunately, I forgot to do this before putting the eggs into the avocado but now I know!

Now, you're going to crack one of the eggs into a bowl and carefully move the egg into the hole you created by using a spoon, then do the same with the other egg and avocado. I would not recommend cracking the egg directly into the avocado hole because it can overflow and tilt the avocado. I also found that putting the yolk into the hole first, then the egg whites made it a lot easier to avoid popping the egg yolk.



By this time, your oven should be preheated and ready to go. This would be the time where you top off the avocado with any other ingredients, but I chose to keep mine simple because I love the pure taste of avocado. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to each avocado for extra taste, then pop them into the oven for about 15 minutes.


After I took the avocados out of the oven, I waited about five minutes to move them to my plate. They're going to be super hot, so be careful! I ate the remaining avocado meat with toasted bread, and topped off my super healthy and delicious avocado and egg bake with some tabasco sauce for an extra kick of flavor. Let me know what you guys thought of this recipe, and if you added anything extra to your avocado and egg bakes. Enjoy!


bythreewishes

7 comments:

  1. looks nice :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed~ Thanks for your giveaways, I entered with my fingers crossed :)!

      Delete
  3. This looks so yummy! I will definitely try this recipe out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yummy - would love it of you could check out my latest AW14 beauty post xo

    Aliona | fromalionawithlove.com

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10